TANDEM produces multi-layer single strip oak boards on WBP plywood base. The top layer of hardwood called lamella is glued to a multilayer structure of waterproof plywood, forming the base of the floorboard. Birch is used for the inner layers of plywood. This combination of layers creates parquet that not only serves as long as solid flooring, but also has better physical characteristics. Lamellas are made of Ukraine oak origin with the pattern not different from French oak origin.
The first stage of production is sawing round oak logs with the band saw into 7-8 mm thickness lamellas, up to 3 meters length. Then lamellas are stacked up into pallets and are left outdoors for 2-3 weeks. After that they are put into the kiln drier - convective system with heating and ventilation – for about 10 days until the wood moisture content is reduced to 8-9%.
Then lamellas are planned and calibrated before gluing, and after that multilayer boards are calibrated, sanded and molded. To identify the texture of the surface boards go through the sanding machine several times.
Capacity our factory annual is 60.000 sq.m.
SIZES /thickness parquet boards in deck lengths (step 100 mm):
12/4 (top layer - oak 4 mm + bottom layer - birch plywood 8 mm)
14/4 (top layer - oak 4 mm + bottom layer - birch plywood 10 mm)
16/4 (top layer - oak 4 mm + bottom layer - birch plywood 12 mm)
width and length
120 x 600 - 2200 mm
140 x 600 - 2400 mm
160 x 600 - 2900 mm
180 x 600 - 2900 mm
200 x 600 - 2900 mm
220 x 600 - 2900 mm
240 x 600 - 2900 mm
260 x 600 - 2900 mm
We also make herringbone and shevron
90 x 600 mm, 45°; 90 x 600 mm, 90°
120 x 600 mm, 45°; 120 x 600/700 mm, 90°
140 x 600 mm, 45°; 140 x 600/700 mm, 90°
160 x 800 mm, 45°; 160 x 700 mm, 90°
Packing and marking
The goods should be put by packs. Each pack covered with polyethylene. Each pack may contain one piece which consists of two or three parts with total length equal to one normal piece’s length. In this case total square of goods in pack is not changed. The packages are packed on the pallets. Full pallet must be covered with polyethylene and tightened with polypropylene belt using plastic corners on upper edges. The marking of every pallet has to include size and grade.
*Packing and marking rules are valid for unfinished parquet. For finished flooring the rules may be different.
Uniform light colour. Discolouration is not allowed. Healthy knots up to 8 mm allowed. Dead knots and holes up to 3 mm allowed. Dead knots and holes are filled with mastic. Not acceptable: SAP wood, heart, insect holes, cracks and splits.
Sound (or healthy) knots up to 25-30mm and dead knots or knotholes up to 15mm are allowed. Discolouration is allowed in the range of natural hue variations of healthy wood. Some small cracks, including star-cracks in knots are allowed. Light heartwood is allowed too.
Sound knots without limitation and dead knots or knotholes up to 15mm are allowed. Colour difference is allowed in the range of natural deviations of healthy oak wood. Some small cracks including star-cracks in knots are allowed. Healthy heartwood including dark one is allowed too.
Sound knots without limitation and dead knots and knotholes up to 25-30 mm are allowed. Any color difference is allowed. Cracks and splits of maximum length 20cm and maximum width 5mm are allowed. Heartwood including dark one is allowed too.
Wormholes and SAP wood are not allowed in any grades. Knotholes, cracks and splits should be filled with mastic. All planks are sanded and beveled on 4 sides.
A technologically complex product is a major achievement but it must go in tandem with a great deal of attention on every stage of the processing. As a company of full production cycle we provide quality control through the entire manufacturing process.
- In the forest areas each log is individually and accurately selected. This is the first important step: better fibre regularity means less deformation in wood.
- We take into account the specifics of each log when sawing to take boards with the most beautiful structure of wood.
- High quality drying is a guarantee of stability. Dry kilns specialized for drying oak. Individual adjustment of drying schedule for each batch and continuous control od wood in the kiln provides the final spread in moisture content of wood no more than + 0,5% and the maximum possible stress relief in wood.
- We make the support layer only in birch. This wood species from the finest forests has superior (30% better) mechanical properties than other species (fir, poplar, etc.). The birch cross-ply construction bonded together with phenolic glue, guarantees maximum protection against humidity.
- For bonding we use the best German polyurethane glue, containing no water, which does not create additional stresses in the woos and provides maximum strength and moisture resistance of the adhesive joint.
- Finished products are subjected not to selective but total control of each board for all the geometric dimensions and the gluing quality to eliminate with 100% нreliability delamination both between oak layer and plywood and between layers of plywood itself in each square centimeter of each board. Delamination represents a serious risk for a product not undergoing strict and regorous tests. Therefore, every single piece of TANDEM multi-layer parquet* is subject to repetitive and meticulous quality control.
Our aim is to keep the quality of our products as the highest level.